Monday, April 9, 2018

30 Seems so Old

This September I turn 30, which seems crazy to me. Can this really be the last 6 months of my 20's? I mean, I still have no idea what I am doing half of the time and 30 seems so grown up. When I really think about it, I think that it is insane that I have 2 kids. When did I get so old? Not that 30 is OLD, but it just sounds so much bigger than 20. 

With this whole getting old thing on my mind lately I have been thinking about everything that I want to accomplish before I turn 30. There are plenty of things that I want to work towards, losing weight, eating better, budgeting better, keeping my home clean. I have made a list of 30 things I would liek to accomplish before I turn 30. One of the things on my list is to enjoy this stage of life, enjoy the last 5 months of my 20's.

There are so many pieces of my daily life that I never want to forget. The way Hailey says button but-non and how Lacey says wussie-bum instead of wedgie. I want to remember how Hailey can sing most of I am a Child of God with us even if she can't say most of the words. I want to remember that Lacey will only wear dresses and how I have to bribe her to put pants on. I want to remember that Lacey thinks 5 is a big number so she always asks for 5 of everything (bedtime stories, candies, snacks, etc). I want to remember how Hailey can't go more than a few feet before getting the urge to stop and twirl. These are the moments that make being a mom fun. These are the little things that fill my life with smiles and get me through the rest of the day. 

I miss being able to go back and look over what has been going on with our family. I am sad that I don't have a record of the last year of our life. I'm going to be better. My girls are growing up way to quickly to let this time go by without creating memories. Since 30 is my number this year I am going to write 30 blog post before I turn 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment