She was born on the 29th so I don't know exactly when to consider her officially 4 months old (February 28 or March 1?) I cannot believe how fast time is going. Sometimes I am anxious for her to reach the next milestone, but most of the time I want her to stay little forever.
Three Month Stats:
Height: 23.5 inches (8%)
Weight: 11 lbs (1%)
Head: 16 inches (38%)
Clothes: I think we are almost ready to pack up all of our newborn outfits. I can squeeze her into newborn onesies, but the 3 month ones are so much easier to get on. I still use some of the newborn pants that are long enough because the 3 month ones are pretty big around her belly.
Sleep: She has good days and bad days. We are still working on the whole taking naps during the day thing. If she doesn't get a good nap then she is super cranky! Her nights have been going much smoother. I am usually up with her around midnight and then again around 4. That is so much better than it has been, so I can't complain. I still rock her or nurse her to sleep but sometimes she will wake up right when I set her down and she will fuss for a minute and then fall right back to sleep.
Milestones: She started rolling over (tummy to back)! I was so excited when it happened for the first time. She has only done it a handful of times, and I don't think that she has any idea what happened because she always looks super surprised.
Firsts this month:
- First time rolling over
- Valentines Day
- First time finding her feet
- First Pedicure (I painted her toe nails pink)
- Being laid down awake and putting her self to sleep
- Being left with a babysitter
- Eating rice cereal and oatmeal cereal
- Looking at herself in a mirror, one of her toys has a mirror and she just smiles at herself
- Nursing to sleep, it's pretty much the only easy way to get her to fall asleep
- Her hands, they are always in her mouth, even when she is trying to eat
- Being held up in the air and rocked back and forth.
- Facing outward when being held
- Getting raspberries blown on her belly and thighs
- Any attention she can get from her mommy and daddy
- Standing up with help from mommy, daddy or her jumperoo
- Playing in her Swing
- Her little pink elephant that vibrates
- Being burped
- Getting her diaper changed in the middle of the night
- Loud noises
- Being in her carseat when she is tired
Things I want to remember
- She will talk and talk when she first wakes up. She just looks at me and talks and giggles for 15 minutes when she is nice and rested.
- She recently started to let us hold her facing us again. When she is super tired she will rest her head on my shoulder and snuggle for a few minutes. This used to never happen, she would scream if she wasn't being held face out (unless she was eating).
- I took Lacey to the grocery store, and got her all bundled up. She was pretty cute in all her winter gear and she was wearing a cute beanie that a friend made for us. We were chased out of the store by a lady telling us how adorable she was and how much she liked her little hat. I think that Lacey is the cutest girl in the world, and I will never get tired of other people telling me that they think that she is adorable too.