Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Ugh... the number 26 never seemed so high.

I know that in the long scheme of things that 26 really isn’t that old, but it’s weird how much I dislike the fact that I am now 26 years old. I work at a medical school, and all those people who used to be my age or older are now 3 and 4 years younger than I am… how did that happen? When did I become so much older than the incoming college students (these are people who have already finished their undergrad)?

Although I don’t like the fact that I’m not young anymore I am excited for what this next year of my life will bring. There are so many things that I am looking forward to in the coming year.

In about 8 weeks my life is about to change in a really HUGE way. This year I’m going to become a mom, which is so exciting and so terrifying all at the same time. I have always wanted to be a mom and it is about to happen. Side note; I’m due next month! Granted, not until the end of the month but it still seems so crazy that I can say that my baby is due next month.

Now that I’m not in school anymore there are a lot of new things that I have been wanting to learn. This year I think I want to learn how to use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. I have used both programs before but I only know the basics. I enjoy taking pictures and doing design stuff, so I think I would enjoy learning more of the nitty gritty. Maybe if I really like it I will take some official classes.  

After our first year of being married I put together a book with all the highlights from the year. My plan was to do one every year. Currently I am a little behind since I haven’t made one for any of the years since. I am working on getting the 2012 book done right now and then I will have 2013 book left to catch up.

Blogging… I feel like I am still working on doing better in this arena. However, now that Scott has officially been claimed by dental school and studying I probably won’t have a whole lot going on that I feel the need to blog about. I’m sure that once we have our little girl here I will have a lot more pictures to post.

Right before I got pregnant… and super nauseous… I started to get into a routine of eating healthier and getting in some quality exercise. I quickly fell out of that routine when all I wanted to do was sleep and veg-out on the couch. (I am really nervous about losing my pregnancy weight, so as soon as I get the okay from the doctor I plan to jump right back into something to get my weight back down.) I like getting into a routine, and hopefully I can stick with something.

I’m sure there are a lot of other things to look forward to, but those are the things that are on my mind right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment