Monday, October 20, 2014

Just the two of us.

I was talking with one of my friends about how anxious I was for our little girl to arrive. She just had her first little one in August and reminded me that this will be the last time that it is just Scott and I for a long time and I should take some time just to enjoy having it be the two of us. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how right she is. Both Scott and I are so excited to have a little family of three, but we should take the time to enjoy being just the two of us. This could be the last weekend that we had to ourselves.

This last weekend was Scott's "Fall Break" (meaning that he got Friday off from school). We originally planned to go mini-golfing, but most of the places around here that have good reviews are only seasonal, and unfortunately the season is over for mini-golf. Instead of mini-golfing we went to Culvers and got some food and custard. 

Saturday we were invited by some of our neighbors to go to Sprechers and do a tour of their brewery. Sprechers is a pretty big thing around here. They make a few different kinds of beer, but they are mostly known for their root beer. At the end of the tour you are able to go try unlimited soda (and a few beers if you're into that kind of thing). Scott and I aren't really big soda drinkers but they do have good cream soda and root beer. They give you a small glass to use as you sample the different drinks and then keep as a souvenir. This has been on our list of things we want to do in Milwaukee, and it was fun being able to go with a group of friends. 



Who knows, maybe this weekend we will get to spend more time as just the two of us again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment