Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Has it really been 3 years?

It’s crazy to think that Scott and I have been married for 3 years. Marrying Scott was the best decision that I have ever made. I cannot even begin to explain how lucky I am to have a guy like Scott to call mine, for eternity. It really has been a wonderful 3 years of marriage. It's crazy how far Scott and I have come since we first met.



Scott and I met a little over 6 ½ years ago, at a service project at BYU. We met all due to a little love triangle between my roommates and his. After meeting him, I never really thought I would see him again. However, the next day Scott was asked to come be my “fill-in” date for the rest of the night because my date bailed early from our group date...and then he came over to fix our internet… and then to study with one of my roommates… and then just to hang out with me. We saw each other every day for 171 days from the day that we met(this meant that there were days that Scott would drive up to bountiful just to see me for a little bit before going back down to Provo)...The rest is history…

These are a few of our favorite memories:               
  • On our first date I challenged Scott to a race from his apartment to the creamery across the parking lot. He took off running, tripped halfway to the creamery, rolled a few times, got up and finished the race, all I while I stood there and watched. Instead of getting ice cream at the creamery we left with a few medical supplies and I helped him get all his cuts cleaned up.
  • One night we were talking (late into the night) and he was telling me about how he wanted to go to dental school to be a dentist. I said, it’s a good thing you’re going to be a dentist because if our kids… [get my teeth their going to need a dentist in the family] We hadn’t really been dating for very long at the time and I was so embarrassed that I started talking about our future kids.
  • Scott loves to talk in his sleep. If I am awake enough to respond I can usually get him to have a full conversation with me. He usually won’t remember anything in the morning. It always happens about an hour after he falls asleep. One of these days I plan to record him.
  • Scott and I both love BYU sports. BYU has come out to Wisconsin twice since we moved here (and probably won’t again). Once was for Football, and the other for the NCAA tournament. We lost both games out here, but we both bleed blue and it was great to see them play!
Football
NCAA
    • I have bucket list of things that I would like to do before I die. Some of them are more serious than others, but one of the things on my list was to spend $200 on a meal. Scott decided to take me to La Caille up in Salt Lake where we spent a pretty penny to eat. I wish that I had pictures it was definitely a memorable meal.
    • Our first ultrasound with this pregnancy was done at 6 weeks. Pretty much the only thing you could see was a little heart flickering. It was amazing and made it seem so much more real that we are going to be parents.
    • Our sealing in the temple was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The person who did our ceremony was funny and gave some great advice. I am so grateful that I am able to be sealed to my family for eternity!

      • While packing all of our stuff to move Scott decided that we should sell the furniture that I had and that we would just buy new furniture later. His only experience with apartments has been BYU housing (which is usually furnished) and he didn’t realize that we would need to provide our own furniture when we moved. We ended up buying furniture much earlier than Scott would have expected.
      • Scott makes me laugh, one night he was trying to explain to me how he got good at staying on his bike (during his mission) while he was stopped at a light. Here is the video of him explaining it to me. It is probably much funnier to me.

      These past 3 years have flown by, and have been some of the best years of my life. It’s crazy how much life has changed for the two of us since we tied the knot, and in the next few months it will change even more.  I am so happy being married to Scott and I love him more every day. I can’t wait to see what the future holds.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment