Monday, March 28, 2016

Driving through the night

Lacey was a champ on the drive out to Arkansas, but I think we scared her. Every time we got in the car she fought to get out of her car seat. we were a little worried about doing another 10.5 hour drive with her. Last minute we decided to pack up and leave right after dinner. That meant driving through the night and then getting home close to the time that Lacey would be waking up for he day. Scott has a talent of falling asleep anytime, anywhere. He insisted on driving the whole way home, and I didn't want him to try to push through being super tired. That meant I was awake the entire time, asking him questions, talking to him, singing to music just to make sure he was good to drive. I don't have that problem, it takes a conscious effort for me to fall asleep. Even when I am super tired. I haven't ever accidentally fallen asleep somewhere. I offered to drive multiple times, but each time Scott said he had it covered.
Lacey was actually awake for a good portion of the drive home. I am so grateful that we loaded a couple movies onto the iPad and that we charged the iPad before we left.


She would watch a show for a bit and then she would doze off. Every time she woke up she wanted me to come back and sit by her. I just wanted to get home as fast as we could so I didn't want to have to pull over everytime she woke up. I took the headrest off of the passenger seat and got pretty good and crawling back and forth between the front seat and the back seat.

I didn't want to have to pee a million times so I made sure not to drink anything after we decided to drive through the night. Scott on the other hand downed a couple monster energy drinks which went straight through him. He had to pee every hour. He didn't actually stop every hour, he would just let me know we would need to stop sometime soon. We made it back home with only making 3 stops . 

She was a trooper and because she missed some sleep it meant that she slept for a couple hours after we got home. Scott and I survived the day on only about 4 hours of sleep, taking different shifts with Lacey. It was such a fun trip. I'm so glad that we were able to go visit Heidi and Steve and show them how cute our little girl is.

Scott was so wonderful. He drove the entire way without a single complaint. He slept for 4 hours then he got up, unloaded the car, unpacked everything, picked up the house, and then let me nap while he played with Lacey. I'm telling you, I got lucky with this guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment