Thursday, March 24, 2016

Still figuring it out

Sometimes I feel like I have the whole mommy thing down. I get on a schedule, make healthy meals, keep up with laundry, and both Lacey and I are happy campers. Then there are days like today where Lacey wakes up a couple hours earlier then her normal wake up time. She took a nap around the time she would normally just be waking up. It throws everything that I thought I understood out the window. Meals get pushed back, extra patience is needed, and I have to figure everything out as the day goes on.


Lacey wasn't wanting to take a second nap, but we all know that she needed one. She ended up falling asleep while sitting up on the couch. She wouldn't let me move her to the crib, but I could pretty much move her anywhere else. She cuddled with Scott for a bit, and then me, and then we put her in the recliner to finish up her nap.




It is crazy how strong-willed such a tiny person can be. She knows what she wants and doesn't give up. Right now, I don't really appreciate that she wants to make her own decisions and stick to it no matter how many times I say no or try to distract her. In the future I think that it is always a good thing to know what you want and be willing to go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment