Sunday, February 21, 2016

right now

Just a few days ago I wrote about how I was anxious for Lacey to start talking. I had a realization just yesterday. I was talking with one of my friends about nursing and I can't remember how it happened. One day she nursed and asked for it all the time, he next day she didn't even ask. I realized that one day she needed me and the next she didn't. It wasn't a slow and gradual change, it happened over night. How many things have changed like that where I haven't noticed. Lacey will only be this age once, and I really don't want to miss out on this.
The last couple months I have been pretty sick and I feel like I've been a pretty terrible mom. Lacey has been watching much more tv then I would like to admit. The last couple days I am actually starting to feel more like a normal human being. It's time to step up my mommy game. I only have 6 more months of having Lacey as an only child. After that, life is going to get crazy again and I'm going to have to figure out how to manage having two.
There are so many areas of my life that need some improvement, but for now, this is where I want to start. I want to be the best mom to Lacey as I possibly can. I want to spend time reading with her. I want to spend time chasing her around the house. I want to take her to the park and watch her run around in the sun. I want to enjoy this stage instead of being anxious for the next stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment