Sunday, April 10, 2016

Better Safe then Sorry?

Maybe this is too much information, but the last week or so Lacey has had some diarrhea. We were thinking that maybe the new toothpaste we were using was the cause. She then started to act sick, she lost her appetite, her nose was super runny, she stopped sleeping through the night, she has been acting miserable. Then tonight she started screaming and pointing at her diaper. She has been complaining about her diaper the last couple of days, I thought it was mostly just because she has been pooping like 6 times a day. Tonight was different, tonight it was screams of pain. I swear the only times I want to talk to a doctor is when it is the weekend or after hours. My first thought was maybe a UTI? I called the after hours line and they told me to take Lacey in to the ER at the children's hospital. That was a long couple of hours. They had to use a catheter to get a urine sample. Turns out everything is fine. I hate being one of those parents that freaks out at every small thing, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment