Tuesday, April 19, 2016

That smells good

Lacey has been really into coloring lately. The girl I nanny for has an art set that Lacey is obsessed with. Every time she sees it she asks me to open it for her. It has crayons, pencils, paints, markers. There are a couple markers in the set that are scented and now Lacey has to smell her drawings. It doesn't matter what she is using to color with, she will scribble for a minute and then proceed to lean over and smell her picture. It made sense to me, because I knew why she was doing what she was doing but Scott just thought she was crazy.

Lacey will color for quite a while in one sitting. I wish it was something that would entertain her while I could get something else around the house done, but very close supervision is needed. She loves to color on EVERYTHING... the table, the chairs, the couch, the wall, the floor. I need to keep a close eye on her and tell her, "only on the paper" every couple of minutes. She knows that's the rule too, because she always looks straight at me right before she starts to color where she isn't supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment