Thursday, January 28, 2016

I bring out her needy side

I don't know what it is, but Lacey is so much more needy around me then she is around Scott. We are slowly figuring out the whole sleeping through the night thing, but she still usually wakes up at least once. If I go in she wants to be held and rocked and then she wants to play. If Scott goes in, then she will take her binky, lay back down and let him rub her back until she falls back asleep. Thankfully Scott is a great sport and he is more than happy to get up and help in the middle of the night. For the first 13ish months of her life I always nursed her back to sleep when she woke up in the middle of the night, so Scott wasn't every really able to help me late at night. I guess now is his time to shine because it takes him 5 minutes or me 20 minutes to get her to go back to sleep.

I'm not huge on the whole cry-it-out thing. First of all, we share a wall with Lacey so if she is crying it isn't like I can sleep. Secondly, it just scares me. What if she is in pain or needs me? I don't want to just ignore her. That being said, I don't usually go in until she is full on crying, no need to bother her when she is just a little fussy and working on falling back to sleep.

Did I teach her this whole needy thing? Or is it just because I am the person who is home all day with her? I am the one to comfort her, feed her, play with her the majority of the time. Is that why she acts so much more needy around me? I just haven't been able to figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. that is the most awesome stage ... dad taking his turn to put the kids back to bed. haha. max still wakes up regularly and it's all andy because he is a mess when i go in there. i will have to share with you sometime what i learned about needy kids some day - and how looking at it in a different light will make you grateful for those moments instead of annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hear your input about looking at her neediness in a different way. Every once in a while I remember that she is still so young, and will never be this little every again. I try not to take time for granted.

      Delete